Friday, January 16, 2009

Bark Bark!

So this afternoon I was talking to my fabulous little sister (it took me about 20 minutes to warm up my talking skills, but I got there eventually) and was trying to think of anything interesting to share in my otherwise routine life. For some reason Tess isn't always jumping up and down to hear all the little details about my 21 students (weird), and then I remembered something that would spark her interest and probably give you a good giggle as well. So I was sound asleep Wednesday night dreaming completely random things as usual. In my dream I was unlocking the front door of the house my grandparents lived in many years ago in Missouri and I had the feeling that in this dark abandoned house something spooky might be lurking, so as I unlocked the front door and kicked it open I took a deep breath and attempted to yell (was I yelling a warning for any lurking within? Preparing to cast out any evil spirit that may be lurking in the shadows in the name of Jesus? Or perhaps just making myself feel better). In typical dream fashion the scream got caught in my throat and ended up a sort of muted grunt. At this point I woke up, thought "yeah, that was weird", and repositioned myself to go back to sleep, at which point my hubby, who was apparently also awake, said "Ang? You awake?", to which I answered "yeah, why?". His answer surprised me: "You.... barked! You just let out a loud "Baarrrrraarrrrraarrrrraarrrrrrr' that woke me up and made me crack up". Oops. I guess I could have done worse things. What kind of sound does a water buffalo make? I hear they're pretty mean. Anyhow, that's my only amusing story for the week. I'm going back to 27 Dresses now.

-Ang

1 comment:

Cari said...

I dream about my grandparents' house all the time, but I don't think I've ever barked in my sleep. Weird. And when are you going to change the link to your sister's current blog? That link is so 2008.