Saturday, January 24, 2009

Life sucks and then you die

Ok, so maybe I am exaggerating just a smidge, but it's not my fault. I am terrible at being sick. Thursday morning, right as our 5th grade spelling bee was beginning (all the 5th grade teachers are judges) I had an incredible wave of nausea that threatened to overpower me. Now granted I am nauseated about one quarter of the time anyway, but this was different. This put me in true fear that I would lose it all over the poor soul sitting in front of me. I dashed to the back of the room, got a drink, and recovered nicely. However, the feeling returned midafternoon and I have been feeling... under the weather... ever since. Luckily, before I left school that day I left a few notes in case I would need a sub so I didn't have to worry about returning to leave instructions. I have henceforth done nothing but lie around for two days, which has actually done quite a number on my neck. At this point I can comfortably look straight ahead and... well... that's about it. My poor little husband has been very patient, but I think we are both tired of being cooped up. Anyhow, I am still feeling crappy and hoping I do not have to prepare sub plans for Monday.

OK, I am out of witty things to say and I'm still grumpy. I'm going now. Bah!

Ang

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Well at least you're not pregnant... right?

Extreme Educators said...

Why is that always the first thing everyone asks?!? Never fear, no bun in the oven.