Saturday, April 25, 2009

Misc

There is nothing terribly important going on in my life currently, but I felt it was time to blog. I have spent the last 40 minutes looking through other people's blogs, laughing hysterically, and looking around sadly because there is no one here to share my giggles with. Riley is a Shiloh, aunty went home after Bible study was over, and my phone is sitting over there on the couch so I can't call anyone (at least not without getting up from this chair which is out of the question). So here I am on my favorite chair reading blogs and thinking about life. I really have nothing in particular to discuss, so I have decided to take a page out of my mother's life book and make a list. So here's my list of things I am thinking on Saturday, April 25 at roughly 12:07 (or 10:18 if you go by my cute red clock on top of my bookshelf, or 12:08 if you are looking at the coffee cup clock in the kitchen, oh wait, that one is actually correct, Riley must have reset it):
1. I have to pee. Why is it that all good things must be interrupted by my bladder? Perhaps it's hereditary, after all, aunty had to excuse herself twice during Bible study this morning to use the facilities.
2. Could I survive as a vegetarian? I was reading about the health benefits of eating natural foods and thought it sounded like a good idea. But let's be realistic, I don't like most vegetables. I find them offensive.
3. I think I am going to have to buy new slippers. I have the greatest slippers in the whole wide world, but they are starting to fall apart. Is it possible to find slippers as comfortable as these?
4. There needs to be a lamp somewhere in the dark corner of our living room. We have a wimpy overhead light, a lamp by the kitchen, but no light on the other side of the couch by the hallway. Maybe I could find some cute light to put there. Maybe I could go to second-hand shops or antique places and try to find something a little retro. I am still jealous of the lamp Alli pulled out of grandma's garage. Maybe someday she will get tired of it and let me have it. I would even buy it from her!
5. Why does my fridge make helicopter sounds?
6. The need to pee is taking control of my thoughts so I am going to go now. Have a great weekend!

-Ang

3 comments:

Cari said...

OK, you accuse me of over sharing, but you told the world you have to pee twice in a few paragraphs! Miss you girle. Always enjoy knowing what you're thinking, esp. if it's in a list.

Stephen said...

At least she didn't list any body parts she may or may not have and didn't say t*mp*n. Ewww

Shari said...

and why do you feel called upon to add MY bladder issues to your commentary!!? It's the third cup of tea that does it.

And I carry a t*mp*n in my purse, FYI, just in case some daughter might need it, but I frequently leave my purse open just in case someone might see it and confirm their suspisions that I am, indeed, still young,well within childbearing age, even though I'm not. (particularly young)