Wednesday, April 29, 2009

epidemic

A terrible epidemic has struck our classroom. No, not the swine flu. Worse. Cholera. Yes I know, you thought cholera was a thing of the past. Well, you're right. However, my class is also a thing of the past, as in we are currently traveling the Oregon Trail. We have crossed the Platte River, gone through Forts Kearney and Laramie, and just stopped by Independence Rock. Unfortunately we met a vagrant who had recently contracted cholera and exposed everyone in our wagon companies. In my first class they were all too healthy and every stinkin one of them lived. Bummer. How boring is that? So in the next class I made sure they were already a little weak before I hit them with Captain Cholera. I was successful, but only just barely, I only lost one kid. However, my last class went much better: three casualties. It was very tragic. We had a moment of silence for our lost comrades. Mind you it was a quick moment since time is of the essence on the Trail. Perhaps in a few decades the invention of antibiotics will improve life expectancy. Now the only question is: what to do with the deceased pioneers while the rest of us continue on to the Oregon territory? Hmm... life's questions.


Now, I shall close with one of the many fantastic lines from this wonderful movie everyone should see: "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium"
Magorium tries to fly model airplanes around the store to no avail and cries out in panic:
"Mahoney! The laws of gravity have begun to apply!"

-Ang

No comments: