Thursday, May 7, 2009

Love and School Supplies

One of the best parts of being an intermediate teacher is intercepting some fabulous notes. I came across this tasty treat after school while cleaning up. Part of what makes this so great is who the note belongs to.

Just picture it: A very tall somewhat hefty Native American girl who could take me down in a second...and a short, stalky Vietnamese boy (at least a foot shorter than the girl) who speaks broken English and is quite the comedian because of his over the top emotional outbursts of joy. Are you picturing it? Okay....


Girl: Do you Like me? Yes or no.
Boy: No.
Girl: Why not? I like you!
Boy: Because I love someone else in the class.
Girl: Who? I wont tell! Name______________.
Boy: She is my secret admirer.
Girl: Well...I <3 you!!!!!
Boy: I don't like you. Can I borrow a pencil?


Glad to see he chose the kinder route and asked for a pencil instead of a pen. Telling someone you don't like them and then asking for a pen would be just plain insensitive.

-Kare

No comments: