Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Great Outdoors... Brrr

Man's oldest question: What is the meaning of life?
Man's second-oldest question: What to do with a 4-day weekend?
If you are my husband or any of his friends the answer is always right there in front of you: camping!!! I am about to embark on my second camping trip in a week and a half and I am... excited... but also bracing myself for the numbing cold. For some reason God saw fit to give me an internal body temperature of about 60 degrees, so I start pulling out the hoodies at a balmy 85. This week a cold front hit the Oklahoma area and when I came home from school yesterday our thermostat registered in at a whopping 59. Time to turn on the heat. Anyhow... we are headed out to the wild blue yonder for two and a half days of camping, hiking, biking, caving... maybe that Indiana Jones thing will work out after all. And yet the biggest worry in my mind is: what am I going to do when my hair gets oily? Seriously, 24 hours and my head is down for the count. And will there be bathrooms? I can squat with the best but not when you can feel the frost on the ground with your backside. Oh well, here's to adventure! We'll see how it goes. Have a good weekend Kare!

-Ang

1 comment:

Mom said...

To the other extreme educator in my life...
I have a friend on another message board who just won a years supply of toilet paper and is in a quandry as to how to distribute it accordingly... Does Fedex cost too much to send it to you for the great outdoor adventure coming up....Let me know...
Happy trails to you...( and not the paper kind that gets stuck to the bottom of your shoe...)
Your other mother.