Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas etc...

I know I have been a blogging bum lately so I will at least list some things that have gone on recently.

1. School is over. The last day of school before the break was surprisingly peaceful and relaxing. I gave each of my students a clipboard with their name on it. They were thrilled. Why is it that kids can have every elecronic gadget known to man and yet be tickled pink over a clipboard? I don't know. Anyway, the day was good. Tessa joined me during the afternoon and was asked for her autograph on many of the clipboards.
2. We are now the proud owners of a Nintendo Wii. Riley found one at Walmart and was ecstatic. We then came across a mom at school who had an extra Wii Fit that she sold us so now we are all set to go. We are also rather sore. The Wii controllers activate all kinds of previously unused muscles. For example, I did some lunges on the Wii Fit and now I have almost been reduced to a limp on my right leg. My quad is so sore I almost feel as if I have pulled something. Oh well. At least I am exercising. My parentals and sister came over to play on it the other night and now they have purchased one of their own.
3. Our heater is on the fritz. The last few weeks it has had a hard time keeping up with any sort of drop in temperature. Our last electric bill was double what is usually is due to our heater running constantly. Then about a week ago we started waking up to temperatures in the 50's (inside our house). This made it rather difficult to get up in the morning. During the day the temperature would gradually inch its way up to 67 but that was it. Then Tuesday evening I got home to find the temperature at a balmy 48 degrees. Not acceptable. No more denial, our heater is broken! We finally just turned off the "heater" since it was blowing out cold air, giving our borrowed space heaters a chance to catch up and our house is now almost in the seventies. Hooray!
4. I am tired of writing and I have a headache from watching the LEGO Indianna Jones on our new Wii game jump all over the place. Must go now.

Ang

4 comments:

Cori said...

You have LEGO Indiana Jones?!?!?!? I am soooooo jealous....

Stephen said...

We got LEGO Indy for Christmas too! Finally a reprieve from Star Wars and Raving Rabbids!

Shari said...

The lack of heat thing is a bummer. Know any good heat/air guys? Want to borrow another space heater?

Extreme Educators said...

Yes, Cori, Indiana Jones!!! You can play it with me if you come visit before school starts again. We should also try the awkard yoga poses on our fit. Come see me!!!!