Thursday, November 6, 2008

barking

My class barks! Seriously!!! They go outside, play for a while, come back in tired and out of breath, and a chorus of barking coughing follows. At times I find myself in the midst of a virtual cacophany of hacking, rumbling, and all varieties of lung-rattling activity. Do people still get whooping cough? 'Cuz that's what it sounds like. When I am teaching I have to talk really fast until someone strikes up the chorus and they all join in. It's like they hear one kid do it and then they think, "Oh yeah, I forgot about that tickle in my throat", and go at it. Am I going to die of some terrible airborne virus? Maybe I should wear a mask to school. I had a professor in college that wore a mask whenever she was outside. She was wierd. Anyhow... I hope they get better soon or pretty soon it will be like teaching in a kennel.

-Ang

1 comment:

Cari said...

Open that cabinet full of anti-bacterial wipes, give one to each kid every day and make them wipe down their surfaces! Or wear a mask. But the wipes are less dorky.