Tuesday, March 9, 2010

laziness

So despite the fact that I have faithfully worked out lately, I have come to the conclusion that I am extremely lazy, or else really good at avoiding things I don't want to do. Examples:

1. I am currently sitting in my living room on the couch and someone has left the fan on at a rather chilling level. I am cold. I really wish the fan would stop. Am I going to get up and turn it off? Not a chance. However, just my luck, one of my many couch friendly blankets was lying on the back of the couch within reach. Now the only problem is how to keep the cozy blanket over my arms while I type. Maybe Riley will come home soon and flip the switch by the front door.

2. I meant to blog last week about my trip to the grocery store, but I didn't. However, Tessa's account of her Walmart trip has somewhat inspired me, so here are the highlights: I tried to con Riley into going to pick up chips to take to a friend's house (who was providing the rest of the dinner) despite the fact that he had to run a different errand first, but he caught on to my scheme and told me to suck it up and go get chips (in a loving manner of course). So I went to Homeland, parked, and avoided eye contact with the girl scouts who were enthusiastically selling cookies over by the other entrance which I avoided like the plague. Who likes to be the person to tell a girl scout "no sorry I don't want cookies today"? So I made it inside without purchasing any thin mints or tagalongs and decided it would be best to grab a cart since we needed milk and probably a few other things along with the chips. Homeland is great because they provide little cart wipes for us weird people who like to wipe our carts down before we touch them. Only this time I had to reach around the rather attractive young security guard standing by the antibac wipes. Now normally the security guard is old and very non-threatening in his uniform and bullet-proof vest (groceries are a dangerous business) and I make jokes to myself about how they are "Homeland Security" and realize that I made that joke last time I came too. Anyhow, this guard is young and much better looking than the normal guy and I wonder what he thinks about this odd girl who must disinfect her cart before she pushes it. So I wipe quickly and try to whip my cart out of the line of carts and continue to my shopping before I look too dumb, only when I whip I bring about two other carts with me and cute security guard has to help me disentangle myself from the other carts before I can escape. I smile to myself sheepishly and mutter a "thanks" as I turn my cart to leave and realize that I got the defective cart that doesn't turn! So I have to pick up the back end of the cart and reposition it to point the way I wanted it to go before I could make my escape. By then I was mentally cracking up with no one to share my joke. The rest of the trip was uneventful except for the fact that I had to manhandle my cart every time I wanted to turn right.

3. Today at school I used my planning period to kidnap one of my student's stuffed animals (today was pajama day)and leave her notes on how to find poor Hello Kitty instead of grading all the papers that desperately needed grading. Hello Kitty was reunited with her owner in our first grade study buddies' classroom.

4. I finally picked up my contacts today. They have been in for almost a week and a half. I have been wearing my current pair for... well never mind... a long time.

Anyhow, after looking at all of that procrastination I am amazed that I accomplish what I do. Now I need to shower and grade more papers. Nah, I'm going to bed.

Oo, Riley is back, maybe he will turn the fan off!

7 comments:

Stephen said...

Holy Crapola! Whilst making snarky comments about Angela's latest semi-annual blog post, she's busy writing another one!
BTW, your student was lucky Riley wasn't there to threaten Miss Kitty with the blender, toilet, iron, washing machine, Corvette, etc. Trevor still has nightmares.
Stop snickering. He told me!

tessa said...

I'm ridiculously lazy too! My trick is to get new friends every time the old ones figure out that your using them. That's how Aubrey's stuck around for so long, she either hasn't realized or doesn't care that she's always the one doing stuff while I sit around.

Cari said...

Family legend has it that I walked later than my twin because I didn't need to. I just sat on the floor and waited for her to bring me stuff. Lazy goes way back.

Homeland Security. LOL!!

Shari said...

I probably sighed heavily when I got up and brought stuff to my lazy baby twin. If I had been there, Ange, I would have gotten up and turned off your fan, but it definitely would have been accompanied with some "heavy" moving of the stuff I was doing along with extended audible sighs. There are lazy people. And there are martyrs.

MarkJ said...

The reason Shari walked first is so she could get to the bathroom once an hour.....

I'll have you know this is the first thing typed on our new laptop. Now to keep Sadie from knocking a glass of coke on it!

Extreme Educators said...

Uncle, maybe someday we will be able to afford to send Trevor to a really good stuffed animal counselor. Maybe a cabbage patch, I here they are very in tune with their emotions.

Tess, I'm pretty sure Aubrey has caught on, but I think it goes both ways. I specifically remember her using our fridge and house on a regular basis.


Mom and Aunty, I can just picture little blonde twins in their little seventies baby clothes rolling their eyes at each other.

Cari said...

OK dear. I'm flattered that you think I was an infant in the seventies, but that would make me about 14 when you were born. So try picturing two blonde babies in 1961-ish.