Thursday, March 11, 2010

Stuff

Did you know that chocolate oranges are not really orange slices dipped in cohcolate?! Who knew! When you pull it out of the box there is a sticker on it that says "burst to enjoy" or something like that. Again, too lazy to get up and go check. Which led me to the question, how do you "burst" a chocolate orange? I banged it against the counter multiple times and nothing seemed to "burst". I finally just unwrapped it and pulled it apart. I am unsure as to whether or not that had anything to do with my attempts at bursting. Whatever, it's chocolate and it fits in my mouth.

In other news, spring break begins in approximately 20 hours. And yes, I am counting. Trying not to count minutes. Seriously, if I make it through tomorrow without killing any young children it will be a miracle. "No, you can't call your parents to get cough drops. Yes, go to the bathroom, but if some other kid comes and tells me you have been throwing wet paper towels at the ceiling again you will never pee at school again. To be honest I really don't want to hear your story right now. Congrats on the new hampster. Yes, you may go to the library. No, ice will not help your papercut. You're going to be absent when? And don't you DARE tell me you "think" you left your spelling packet at home." Sigh. My thoughts no longer go in orderly processes through my head, they run screaming through the crowded parking lot that is now my brain, smashing windshields, throwing rotten fruit, and setting off car alarms. I can hardly keep from twitching by the end of the day. 19 hours and 40 minutes now!

Thursday is my swimming night. I should be changing right now. I am exhausted. My stomach is rebelling. Just ate dinner. American Idol is on (really that was just the only thing on, it isn't exactly my favorite show). Papers to grade. Decisions to make. Do I give those filthy kids a break and make up grades for missing papers to put in the grade book, or should I give them zeros like I said I would? Deeper sigh. I think I am going to attempt to swim then come back to the grades.

2 comments:

Cari said...

I say give 'em zeros! And I'm going right now to move my car out of the parking lot in your head.

Stephen said...

Not that you need two more cents, but if you said you'd give 'em zeroes, you can't renege without losing principal cred. Hey look - I used "renege" in a sentence without mentioning carwashes!