Monday, March 23, 2009

11 reasons why I'm awesome!!!

In the land of mountain bikes there are a few sacred spots in North America: Whistler in Vancouver, BC, Winter Park in Colorado, Ray's indoor Mountain Bike Park (for those who are open to some different winter options), and Moab, Utah. This last week we made our pilgrimage to the desert holy land to pay homage to the mountain biking gods. And the gods smiled upon us and granted us beautiful weather and pleasant companions. We rode a few trails (or rather survived a few trails), explored Arches National Park (which everyone should see some time in their life), and camped at a wonderful little campground called Up The Creek Campground (which was very chill and came complete with clean bathrooms and showers!). Instead of rambling on, which I tend to do, I will just show you my eleven reasons why I am awesome (in a very non-conceited kind of way):

11.
I was there.

10.
I was there too.

9.
And there...

8.
I climbed that.

7.
AND got down (more impressive than the up part for me)

6.
I somehow rode down that on my bike :)

5.
See, here I am riding down that hill

4.
We rode the famous Slickrock trail (Cookie and I just did the practice loop, but it's not easier, just shorter)

3.
I rode down that without dying!

2.
I shimmied down that, and it was fun!

And now a tie for the #1 reason why I'm awesome:

1.
I am married to that amazing guy!!!

1 b.
That's me. I'm driving! I stayed awake for all but thirty minutes in 16 hours, and I personally drove at least 12 of those hours. I know, try not to be too shocked. But it's true!


Well, those are the highlights. Now I need to go see if Jack Bauer can keep this poor expendable character alive on 24. It's not looking good for him. 'Night!

-Ang

5 comments:

Stephen said...

That is soooooo sweet!

tessa said...

Those are really cool Ang! You're kind of a legit sister! But I don't believe you stayed awake that long.

Cari said...

I'm with Tessa. I believe everything except that you rode in a car for long periods of time without tipping over into a dead sleep. Glad you all had fun and glad you all came back in the same (relative) condition in which you left.

Mark said...

I "think" I'm ready to go there! Well......after losing 40-50 pounds and getting in a LOT better shape!!! I'm very proud of you!

Shari said...

Right on, niecy! Great pictures and I'm impressed at the height and ruggedness, and the amazing skill it surely MUST have taken to complete each trail. Yet another reason you're awesome.

Yeah, I'm not buying the awake in the car thing either.