Monday, March 9, 2009

Oops

So it has been... let's just call it "a while" since I have blogged and I think I am a little rusty. I logged in to my blog, then attempted to visit Aunty's blog by clicking on her picture on the side of my page (which I've done many times before). Well, some new windows popped up, I pushed some buttons, and now I am apparently following my own blog. No really, if you look at the list of people following at the side of my page you will see my picture amongst the family and friends. Good grief! And the bad part is that Riley is diligently...

... hey mom, remember when you homeschooled me and I was being somewhat less than cooperative so you made me look up the word "diligent" in the dictionary? I still think of that whenever I hear the word "diligent"...

... crap, what was I saying? Oh yeah... Riley... he is studying for a test tomorrow and was getting rather irritated with me for spontaneously giggling while catching up on Cori's blog (you know, that kind of giggle that pleads "please ask me why I am giggling so I can read you this funny thing and you can laugh too"). It was recommended that I relocate to somewhere out of the studysphere so I promised to contain myself. Then I started following my own blog and the giggling started to come out so I made up a story in my head about how there was something tickling my nose and that's why I kept exhaling quickly just in case he gave me the evil eye.

Anyway... this is my "extreme educator" blog so I will share a brief anecdote from school. Last week we had spelling words with silent letters (don't even get me started on the stupidity of silent letters. Why can't English be like Spanish and everything is spelled phonetically. Do Spanish kids study spelling?) and we had the word 'assign'. Well, one of my students got a little confused on where the silent g goes and it came out "assing". I won't even start the conversation of how that word could be used. Anyway... I had a good silent laugh.

Be safe.

-Ang

1 comment:

Cari said...

Yes, I probably made you look up some scripture on diligence too and made you write a 5 paragraph essay at 6 years old. And you probably did it well.

Thanks for the giggles.