Monday, March 9, 2009

My own infinte playlist...

My lack of blogging can be blamed on several things.
1) I am a teacher, enough said.

2) I get on with the intention of blogging, get to blog stalking and find myself sitting in the dark 5 hours later wondering where I am and why my contacts have shriveled up on my eyeballs.

3) I have had some major bloggers-block. So, I think I shall do what the greatest writers do when they can't get the creative juices flowing...copy someone else! Today I shall steal the "Infinte Playlist" idea from my second mother who has a fabulous blog herself. I have decided to just go with it, and write down whatever comes to mind and hope that it's not too embarrassing.

*Anything NSYNC: Sitting up in Sydnee's bedroom at night watching the contraband NSYNC concert taped from the Disney Channel that I snuck into her house. (Youth Pastor's daughters do not listen to heathen boy bands.)

*Maneater, or any of the Runaway Bride soundtrack: My fearsome foursome girls know exactly what I'm talking about. Needless to say it involved some silly boys and us silly girls swooning over them in junior high and who am I kidding, high school too.


*Legends of the Fall theme: Guaranteed to make me cry. There are multiple meanings behind this one, both rather bittersweet. High school marching band my freshman year, and fond memories from past relationships.

*Anything Justin Timberlake: Freshman year at Point Loma...joining the sorority, and staying at a frat house until 4 in the morning...good times ;)

*Ginny Owens If you want me to: Another one guaranteed to make me cry. Spring my senior year at Point Loma I listened to this song at least 5 times a day. A perfect reminder of the most supportive and amazing roommates a girl could ask for.

Okay, I realized I could go on and on forever, so instead of boring you to death, I'll end it here and perhaps do another installment later. And now to copy my blogging sister, a funny tidbit from school:

Discussing our writing topics a student was telling me about a concert she went to: "We sat down, but then we were hungry so we went to get condoms." Yes she meant condiments, and yes it took me a second before I could figure out what she was saying. Ahh good times.

much love
~Kare

1 comment:

Cari said...

I'm so happy to see both of you extreme educators blogging. woohoo! And I laughed out loud when I got to the assing and condom parts.

And would one of you two please change Tessa's blog to her current one! Seriously. Keep up! (please).

Love my girls.